Above Grade Level Provides In-Home Math Tutoring in Chester County, PA, for K-12th Grade
Many of us grew up with a love-hate relationship with math—we either loved numbers or disliked them vehemently. Even though it can feel overwhelming to grasp number concepts filling a page and colliding in our brains, math is one of those marvelous skills that we can’t do without in daily life.
Our attitudes toward our math abilities most often come from the way it’s taught to us. In a classroom, the teacher usually instructs the whole class one way. Yet, students learn differently. At Above Grade Level, we discover how each child learns best—and that’s the way we teach him or her. And when a concept clicks…that’s when math becomes really exciting!
At Above Grade Level, we offer our students the most unique and effective math teaching approach you’ll find anywhere. For us, it’s not good enough to lead a student through one math problem after another, only to have the skills forgotten when they go to school the next day. That’s why we use a unique approach. We utilize research-validated, brain-based strategies to facilitate learning. Sitting in a classroom, trying to soak in knowledge, a child’s brain is relatively passive. However, with our one-to-one math tutoring approach, students’ brains are actively engaged the entire lesson. Quite simply, our methods work.
- First, our students take a free comprehensive diagnostic skill assessment to identify their math skill levels. They take this math assessment right at home, on their home computers.
- Next, we meet with families in their homes for a free personal consultation to go over the assessment and identify their goals.
- Next, we custom-create a personalized math curriculum that addresses the student’s skill gaps, as well as accelerates them where their skills are strong. No two students have the same curriculum! We are always willing to align our tutoring to the topics the student is studying in school. Our program combines both remediation of skill gaps and help with current school assignments.
- Finally, we carefully pair each student with a perfectly matched tutor, considering both skill levels and personality.
In-home Tutoring Math Programs We Offer:
- Arithmetic K-6: Provides a comprehensive background of all required math skills; includes critical problem-solving skills and is aligned to the PA state standards.
- Pre-Algebra: Prepares students for success in Algebra 1
- Transition 8-9 Math: An accelerated, comprehensive math program that picks up any residual skill gaps from K-6 that would hinder a student’s success in Algebra 1.
- Algebra 1 (Math 7 & Math 8, in some school districts)
- Algebra 2
- Calculus/ AP Calculus
- SAT Math
To serve families with busy schedules, we maintain flexible in-home tutoring hours. Contact us today to learn how your child can benefit from the support of a qualified math tutor.
Shop & Compare Guide
What Our Clients Say
“Above Grade Level is amazing! We were blown away by the first-class service and friendly, cooperative staff we met through Above Grade Level. You can tell that they really care which makes all the difference. Oh, and math grade went from a D to an A!!! From the bottom of my heart, thank you Above Grade Level!!”
Middle School student
“Our daughter was struggling in Algebra. We knew we needed help. Along came Above Grade Level! Karen was amazing to work with. She assessed our daughter’s aptitude and matched her with a great tutor. Not only did our daughter pass the Keystone exam, she was only a few points from the highest level. Our tutors were kind, professional, and encouraging. We recommend them to anyone struggling with academics.”
“My first experience hiring a private tutor for my high school age daughter, and we were blown away by the first-class service and friendly, cooperative people we met through Above Grade Level. Karen met with us personally and matched our daughter up with perfect tutors who were kind, patient, smart, and flexible. Everything was done in our home, at our total convenience. Oh, and Geometry went from a D to an A!!!! I highly recommend this company.”
Comprehensive Diagnostic Skill Assessment
Students take a free comprehensive diagnostic skill assessment to identify their skill levels. They take this assessment online, right from home.
We meet with the student and their family in their home for a free personal consultation to go over the assessment and identify the student’s goals.
We custom-create a personalized curriculum that addresses the student’s skill gaps, as well as accelerates them where their skills are strong. No two students have the same curriculum! We always align tutoring to the topics the student is studying in school. Our program combines three areas of academic need: remediation of skill gaps; help with current school assignments; and a boost ahead in areas where students demonstrate readiness.
Perfectly Matched Tutor
We carefully pair each student with a perfectly matched tutor, considering both skill levels and personality.